Location: Namibia, Africa
Sending Church: Solid Rock Baptist Church - Houston, TX
Sending Church: Preston Baptist Church - Preston, GA
Ministry Started: September 2006
Rev. Jimmie and Gloria Johnson were married in 1986 and shortly afterwards began to develop a deeper commitment for the Lord. Rev. Jimmie has a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from Grambling State University and has coursework in a Masters of Arts-Missiology at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary as well as coursework in Professional Counseling at Liberty University.. He worked in the insurance industry for 20 years prior to his call to full time ministry. He also served as an Associate Minister at Solid Rock Baptist Church in Humble, Texas where Dr. Ross M. Cullins, Sr. is the Senior Pastor. Gloria is currently enrolled at LeTourneau University and is working on completing her degree in Psychology. Gloria worked for a number of years at a law firm in Houston, Texas.
Gloria and Jimmie have home schooled their children, Jeremiah, Melissa, Paulus, Isaiah and Nehemiah up until their return to the U.S. in 2009. Isaiah, Paulus and Nehemiah all attend Webster County Schools in Preston, GA. Melissa is now attending Darton College in Albany, GA.
The Johnson family has been called by God to serve in Namibia, Africa. They have been called to minister in the areas of youth and evangelism, church development and leadership training. They are thankful that God has allowed them to be a part of His team there for the past six (6) years.
Jimmie and Gloria have a desire to return to Namibia to continue their ministry there. They are asking God to bless them with a team of committed prayer partners and support team who will join them in this exciting ministry.
• Over 700 professions of faith and reassurances of salvation! (TO GOD BE THE GLORY)!
• ESL training (English as a Second Language)
• Bibles to the Bush Project-over 1100 Bibles of various languages distributed to our people in the rural areas.
• Help (with partner churches in America) in building church sanctuary at Kehemu local church which can seat almost 1000.
• Establishing of children’s church and Sunday schools
• Continued training of church leaders through seminars and conferences
• Empowering youth through interviewing techniques and job training
• Counseling church members through life issues and acting as liaison between students and teachers to help students enroll and excel in the government schools
P.O. Box 292
Preston, GA 31824